Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Perfect Weekends

They say happiness and sadness are relative. They also say that you are as happy or as sad as you want to be. The classic half empty-half full example comes to mind.

Similar is the case with weekends.

Your weekend can be as shitty or as amazing as you make them to be.

I have had two awesome weekends in a row. Last weekend I stayed in a city where a 7 hour power cut is common place. Not just that, the city also boasts of being a no-multiplex, no-cafe zone. But I had an awesome time last weekend.
On Saturday, I went to my favorite family friend's place. Then Rweet and I were asked to go get take-outs for the dinner. We drove around the city. Talked a lot while sipping sprite. Came back, ate a lot of food (and ice cream) and returned home after midnight.
On Sunday, which was one of best Sundays I spent in a long time, I was home with my dad for Father's day. We planted 3 saplings together, after which he took me for a driving lesson. We had a traditional Bengali lunch and a very nontraditional dinner of chicken pakora and mangoes.


That was my AWESOME WEEKEND # 1


I know of people who had the tradition "awesome weekends" last weekend!
Some went to pool parties, some went to weddings, some went to Toronto, and some even went to shopping heavens! Compared to that, my weekend was, well, umm, awesome in its own unique way.

I taught my 5 year old cousin all about wild animals, domestic animals and vegetables. I gave her a test on addition and subtraction, and she scored really well in that! My dad was visiting for a day, and I got to see him too. I met with another cousin and had a heart-to-heart with her, and made plans for the next weekend.

So, I am staying at places which hasn't even got a CCD. Haven't seen a movie in months. Yet having back to back awesome weekends.


So, I guess it is all about the perspective! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chestnut Tree CafĂ©—Stop For a Snack to Stab Your Friend in the Back

This article was first published a long time ago during my undergraduate days. 13 April 2012, to be exact. It was written by me and edited...