Sunday, June 17, 2012

One Long Awaited Bicycle Ride

Last Friday I rode a bicycle after a very long time. Almost three years, I think. I used to love riding the bike. I would ride to and back from school everyday day, and sometimes would even go out in the evenings with my friends.
But then, I left town, and my cycle was given off to the gardener.

A few weeks ago, however, my mom said our neighbors might still have their daughter's cycle.
One of the first things I did after returning home was to ask the neighbor about the cycle. I took it to a friend's place and got it fixed. (It hadn't been used in quite a long time).

And so, on Friday, at about 4:45pm, I went off for a ride. The roads were deserted. There were trees on both sides of the roads. I could hear the birds chirping, and butterflies fluttering. It was simply marvelous.

And though I rode for barely 15 minutes, it still felt like heaven. It felt like old times. So many memories rushed back to me. I remember all the good times I had, at school, with friends. All the crazy times when the cycle had broken down. That one time, when I had to take a lift from a teacher to reach school after I fell from the cycle on my way.

It is strange how the little things in life hold so much meaning. And stranger still, how these very little things trigger the best of memories.

Image courtesy - people clipkart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chestnut Tree CafĂ©—Stop For a Snack to Stab Your Friend in the Back

This article was first published a long time ago during my undergraduate days. 13 April 2012, to be exact. It was written by me and edited...