Friday, June 15, 2012

Alternative Universes

ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE # 1

You and I would be two people living in two different cities. And like most people who live in two different cities, we wouldn't know each other. Facebook would notify us having 12 mutual friends and a hell lot of common interests, but that would be all.

ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE # 2

You and I would be two people living in the same city. You would visit my college canteen for the mutton dosa and iced tea and might see me in the passing. You and I would frequent the same joints, with our own group of friends and never know each other.

ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE # 3

You would be the boyfriend of my best friend. I would be the best friend of your girlfriend. You and I would have heard of each other. I wouldn't remember your college name and you wouldn't remember mine. Acquaintances- that's all we would be.

OUR UNIVERSE

I know you and you know me,
A friendship forged cyberly.

I have known you for the last three years, and for more than a year now, very few days have passed when we haven't spoken. We are true blue foodies. You are sensible to the extent that I feel comfortable being my crazy self.
In our universe, this has been one hell of a friendship. In this universe, I can not begin to imagine what I would be without this friendship. Hell, we even have a dysfunctional blog together. How many people have that, right?

And, I wouldn't trade this universe with any other.

1 comment:

The Chestnut Tree CafĂ©—Stop For a Snack to Stab Your Friend in the Back

This article was first published a long time ago during my undergraduate days. 13 April 2012, to be exact. It was written by me and edited...