Saturday, December 27, 2014

Walking Down Memory Lane!

Think only of the Past as it's remembrance gives you pleasure.
-Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice


Over the last few years, I have created and discarded numerous blogs. So much so, that I can't even recall the name of my first one. I am sure it would have been something childish, and don't really regret not remembering, but the fact of the matter is that I have never been consistent with blogging.
And today, after a long time, while I was going through one such old blog, that I had created with a friend, I realized there were a couple of good posts, that would be worth remembering. 
So, I am going to post them here for safekeeping, hoping that I don't discard this blog anytime soon.

The first one was written in late December, four years ago, titled "THE HOPELESS ROMANTIC aka MEGHA."




































The second one is another one of my failed New Year resolution post, and trust me there has been a lot of them. But, I am pretty sure I will be making resolutions this year around too.
While looking at this post, I realized how foolish I had been. In my defense, I was four years younger. But I need to understand that I can't write with someone. I can't make anyone as enthusiastic about something close to my heart as I am. It took me a long time. But I finally have stopped depending on people, at least 7/10 times.
This was posted on January 9, 2011.

Of Plans- Big and Small

I think I can say that the New Year has finally arrived for me. Even though the first week of the New Year was a bit of a mess, academically and otherwise, I am going to assume that they were just the back drag of the last year.
This year started from the 7th of January, for me.
And I am sure, if I keep my mind a little more focused than before, and follow my heart a little less than usual (both extremely difficult things to do for someone like me), I have a very good possibility of having a “tear free” year.
And who can be better suited to help me in this endeavour than our dearest “Joey”. To put it simple, as Phoebe once said to Joey,
“Boyfriends and girlfriends are going to come and go, but this is for life.”
So, the next 12 months, the two of us are going to devote entirely to ourselves. This year is gonna be a toast to us. And as my very crazy blog mate, somewhat surprisingly but correctly said in one of his earlier posts, it is about “Celebrating Ourselves”.
We will try to come up with at least 12 different experiences which we haven’t had before in the last couple of decades, and we are going to let you know how it turned out for us. I assume we are going to face some challenges since we are from two totally different places. Hey! But it’s not fun if it’s easy!
The first month goes to “Organizational Skills and disaster management strategies”, (Whoa! Sounds BUG! :D) which in other words means forming a plan to try to get some decent marks in hope of a somewhat better career than our present marks would fetch us. Now, I would like to be very specific about why we chose this particular plan as the numero uno thing on the agenda. We did not choose this just because we though that since career and academics should be out foremost priorities right now, we should devote the first assignment to it. Not at all. We just chose to have a solid and gruelling study plan and basically organise our lives a little better coz we needed to do something that would keep us licked in our rooms and away from the heart-shaped balloons and candies and all things ted that would be found hanging for display in every shop, courtesy the love month, and which we seriously don’t want us to remind us of some old bottles up memories.
The plan is to do the stuff that requires going out as a post-February phenomena.

And well, maybe another reason could be the fact that both of us happen to have our exams in the second half of February. Comments and suggestions regarding ways to maximize marks with minimum effort are ALWAYS welcome.. :P  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chestnut Tree CafĂ©—Stop For a Snack to Stab Your Friend in the Back

This article was first published a long time ago during my undergraduate days. 13 April 2012, to be exact. It was written by me and edited...