Saturday, December 27, 2014

Old Forts, Filter Coffee and Farewells! ( Epic December #1)

December 2014 has been full of bittersweet moments! Too much fun, and too many goodbyes!
And I won't be able to do justice if I try to cram them all up in a single post. Yes, it was that epic! :)
So, I will try to break it down to make more sense of the awesomeness.

Have you noticed how when you know things are going to change, you try your best to hold on to the current situation? And no matter how bad it has been, you still want it and know you will miss it.
Goodbyes are hard. And I have had to bid farewell to so many people, and will continue to do so for the next couple of days too, that it's not even funny. It's bad enough that a larger proportion of my close friends live hundreds of miles away, now I have to send the few who didn't away too!

But to lessen the sting a little, we have been hanging out a lot! And having a lot of coffee. Filter and otherwise.

And what awesome filter coffee it is! Basically we have been trying to make up for all the time lost, due to exams and submission deadlines and assignments and laziness!
We went to Purana Qilla. And had a fun afternoon! Monuments that stand the test of time makes you wonder about the generations that have been there before you; the battles fought and the lives lost to capture a piece of property, no matter how magnificent.

It makes you think of the people who inhabited these places, and their living conditions. And how beautiful it must have been!
I made some very good memories these last few days. And spoke to people who have been in my college for the last one and a half years for the first too!

We sang, and we danced, and we ate good food, and we had good conversations. And the reason we had all that is because we will all be leaving. Most of us will never meet, a few maybe a couple of times a year, and if we are very fortunate, some of us might just end up in the same city. But it's the uncertainties in life that make it so interesting, and heartbreaking at the same time.

I know I came to Delhi to be in the same city with a couple of people who I considered the forever kind. And in these last few months I have realized I am never going to take any decision depending on where my friends live. It's a good thing I love what I am doing right now, or I would seriously regretted my love to the capital. But, keeping aside the lesson learnt, I am going to miss my TERI Non-Econ people, who are all going away!

And I wish I travel more in 2015 and meet 'em all again!

1 comment:

  1. amazing ,... the pictures are too good , and the words explain much more than those pics :),,, so nice to read . .. keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete

The Chestnut Tree CafĂ©—Stop For a Snack to Stab Your Friend in the Back

This article was first published a long time ago during my undergraduate days. 13 April 2012, to be exact. It was written by me and edited...