Tuesday, December 16, 2014

3 Years, and running

I should start giving more credit to "meant-to-be" stories and "conspiracy of universe" cases, because despite me cribbing about my lack of friends, and inability to get along with people, which according to a close friend is because I do not give people chances, the few friends that I do have are absolute jewels.

I love writing about people more than anything else. In fact, sometimes I wonder whether that's all I am actually capable of writing. Needless to say, I have dedicated many a posts in this blog to the amazing people in my life.

This post is about this awesome girl whom I have yet to meet. You can get a glimpse of her awesomeness here.

And since I have no way to send her material gifts, this is my version of a Christmas Gift!

Sunaina, I have had this idea of writing about you for quite some time now. And while researching- that's right, I "researched". I am an Economics Master's student and all I am capable of is research- I realized I have technically known you for far longer than I originally thought I did.
And I am hoping this will come as a surprise to you too!

This, my friend, is Exhibit #1 of the "meant-to-be" case.

I don't know anyone else from that list, which is a very normal thing in online internships. And, the probability that we would sign up for a second internship, at the same time, and pick up the same work is, well, I would suggest, based on bogus research, to be about 0.00000000000000342. Symbolically, really slim.
It's probably not too far fetched for us to assume that the Universe said, "Well, you won't talk in the first internship? Fine, let's put you two together for another one and see how that goes." Am I right or what? :)

This brings me to my Exhibit #2.



We tried really hard to stay formal, and talk about work- related stuff. As can be seen by the emoticons, it was a very difficult job! :)

And from there, we proceeded on to talk about things that really matter! We bonded over books and blogs. I present to you Exhibit #3


Thus, our 'virtual' friendship grew. And the more I spoke to you, the more I realized how much I like and admire you!

Which brings us to December, 2014. And my first Christmas present of the season!


Turns out, we have mutual friends who doesn't know your address. :)



So, umm, after those beautiful words, I don't know what else to write except to promise that I will see you next year!

Oh, and the exhibits mentioned above hopefully prove the "meant-to-be" case. I get that it's not surprising to find strangers chat over the internet, but I sure know that they generally don't do that for months and years, and they definitely do not send over gifts and personalized messages.

What I am trying to say here is that you don't have to be in the same class or office, or even the same state to become fast friends with someone. In friendship, if it's meant-to-be, then the universe does conspire to make it work. Cheesy much? Well, this deserves for some cheesiness, don't you thing? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chestnut Tree CafĂ©—Stop For a Snack to Stab Your Friend in the Back

This article was first published a long time ago during my undergraduate days. 13 April 2012, to be exact. It was written by me and edited...