Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Ones With the Instant Connections

Have you even felt an instant connection with someone? Ever heard of someone's explanation of some mundane topic and been able to completely relate to it? Ever spoken about heartbreaks and realized you both are confused in the exact same way? Better still, have you ever felt this level of camaraderie with someone you have never even met?

Sounds ludicrous?  Well, I have.

I have been friends with Sunaina for almost three years now. Our interests are so aligned, that we both applied for the same internships. Twice. And since we think alike, neither of us liked the first one, and both of us enjoyed the second one enough to collaborate together, and get to know each other. Work stuff soon gave way to swapping book lists, talking about good food and coffee, and other important and trivial things of life. As we got to know each other better we shared stories of failed relations and budding crushes, and soon she became quite an integral part of my life.

The universe, with its tendency to show off had to introduce me to one of her common friends just to prove how small the world is! 

And so, during the last few months, Sunaina and I just kept thinking how amazing it would be to meet up, and talk, and travel, and drink coffee together. 

And last week, I listened to my heart and traveled to Hyderbad to meet Sunaina for the first time, and visit a very dear school friend after more than a year. And the meeting was magical.

There was no awkwardness, no lack of topics to talk about. She took me to an incredibly amazing breakfast place called Chutneys in Secundrabad and treated me to fantastic South Indian breakfast. We had planned to go shopping at Shilparamam, but the heat had other plans for us.

We ended up spending hours at the nearby mall. We explored this amazing place called "Dialogue in the Dark" which is exactly what it says it is. We were taken to a dark enclosed area, and tried to understand what it feels like to be bereft of sight and depend on the other four senses. It was an incredible experience. And we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

We spent about five hours together. And generally I am bored out of my mind being with most people for five hours. I really am not the outgoing type.

But, I could so relate to this person, whom I was meeting for the first time. And I am so glad I decided to ditch classes and common sense, and visit Hyderabad for just a day, so that I could meet up with people who really matter, who are a part of my everyday life, and who have a special place in my heart.

“I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdealactivity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chestnut Tree CafĂ©—Stop For a Snack to Stab Your Friend in the Back

This article was first published a long time ago during my undergraduate days. 13 April 2012, to be exact. It was written by me and edited...