Tuesday, July 12, 2011

An Ode to F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Six people stole my heart and I am at a loss,
Rachel, Joey, Chandler, Monica, Phoebe and Ross,
10 awesome season, 1 incredible show
That made me happy when I was low.

There was once a runaway bride,
Who ran to the big apple to hide,
She was snobbish and a lil mean,
Meet the famous Rachel Green.

Rachel knew a formerly fat chick,
Such a perfectionist it made you sick!
Here's Monica Geller, the perfect host.
With her thanksgiving turkey roast!

Monica's brother, a dinosaurs man,
Wanted to marry as many times as he can.
Put in his love for Rachel in the toss,
And you get the Geller guy, Ross!

The funny man with troubled mom-dad,
The best friend that Ross has always had,
The one who got Monica a wedding ring.
Put your hands together for Chandler Bing.

The not so famous actor with Italian looks,
He used to freezer for keeping scary books,
He slept with every Jane, Mary and Chloe,
How you doing, Mr Tribbiani (Joey) !!

I saved my favorite for the end,
The crazy, weird & wonderful friend,
She is the one and only Phoebe Buffay,
Who was once married to a pseudo-gay!

236 episodes of this wonderful gang,
In the end they went with a bang!
No matter what, they make you smile,
Every single minute is worth while.

I often wonder if it can be true,
To meet such people who love you,
Despite your failures and mistakes,
Who will never give you heartaches.

When you are sick, they will stay awake,
You will never fear about emotions fake,
You are sure that always you with find in each other,
A friend, a trustee, a sister or a brother.

And every time you feel betrayed and pain grows,
You dismiss F.R.I.E.N.D.S as a fictitious show.
But then again, a part of you still keeps the hope alive,
Because, without friends, it really isn't a true life!

2 comments:

  1. megha! this is AWESOME! Perfect tribute to your obsession! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Beautifully done. Makes me feel like watching it all over again.

    ReplyDelete

The Chestnut Tree CafĂ©—Stop For a Snack to Stab Your Friend in the Back

This article was first published a long time ago during my undergraduate days. 13 April 2012, to be exact. It was written by me and edited...